A milestone like graduation calls for a special party to mark the occasion, and your Vitamix blender can help you turn out some special party foods to match. Whether you are planning a buffet for an open house, an outdoor barbecue, or a sit-down family dinner, we have recipes to help you celebrate.
Quick and easy apps are a great way to keep guests comfortable while you pull together the finishing touches on the entrées. Tip: Appoint someone to return to the house ahead of the crowd to place apps out on a serving table. If possible, have a separate buffet table for appetizers so you can assemble the entrée table without being in the way of hungry guests.
- Spinach and Artichoke Fondue: Monterrey Jack, Parmesan, and feta cheeses blend with wine in the Vitamix, then chopped spinach and artichoke hearts join the party. Dip with fresh or grilled vegetables and bread cubes.
- Pineapple Salsa: A tangy, fruity salsa that can also serve as a topping for grilled meats.
- Poppy Seed Dressing: Classic and creamy, with the fresh taste that is missing from bottled dressings. Serve with mixed greens or as a dip with fruit and veggie platters.
For an extra-large crowd, sandwich platters with different meats and cheeses are a cinch. Your Vitamix machine even helps you prepare homemade condiments. If you’d prefer hot dishes, try a pasta bar with an assortment of sauces that are easy to keep warm in crock pots or chafers.
- Poppy Seed Braid: Simply omit the sweet poppy seed filling to turn this attractive loaf into a sub sandwich platter.
- Aioli: Offer guests homemade condiments, including this garlic mayonnaise
- Fresh Tomato Sauce: The Vitamix chops and purees fresh tomatoes and herbs into a classic Italian sauce.
- Low Fat Alfredo Sauce: A creamy, three-cheese blend with garlic and white pepper.
- Kale Pesto: A budget-friendly blend of kale and spinach create this vibrant pesto and a delicious serving of leafy greens.
- Macaroni and Cheese Sauce: Rich, creamy cheese sauce and crumb topping make this classic dish a family favorite.
If you’d like to avoid the typical store-bought cake, try one of these unexpected options.
- Fresh Ginger Pound Cake: Ginger and lemon mingle in this rich, spicy loaf cake. Fresh raspberries make a lovely garnish.
- Chocolate Espresso Fondue: Chocolate, espresso, and heavy cream - what’s not to like? Dip pretzels, cubes of cake, or pieces of fruit.