The secret to this healthy vegan fluff, which can be used in a variety of ways, is drained chickpea liquid. Try it as a vegan dessert topping, in vegan cocktails, or with sauces that need just a little extra volume and flavor.
- (¼ teaspoon) cream of tartar
- 175 ml (¾ cup) aquafaba liquid, chilled, from no salt added style chickpeas
- 25 g (¼ cup) powdered sugar
- Place well chilled aguafaba liquid, cream of tartar, and powdered sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed. Secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine and increase very slowly to Variable 7 (on Ascent and C-series machines; Variable 5 on G-series machines). Blend for 1 minute.
Aquafaba is the liquid from canned chickpeas. The consistency coming out of the container will be soft peaks. If you let it stand for 3-5 minutes the peaks will get a lot stiffer, however separation will start to occur at the bottom of the container. We recommend waiting the extra 3-5 minutes to let it sit and get stiffer, then skimming what you need off the top.