This versatile sauce can be served over pasta or as a dip with crudites. Explore variations on the recipe by substituting different greens, such as basil, carrot tops, spinach, etc.
- 180 ml (⅔ cup) olive oil, extra virgin
- 60 g (3 cups) arugula
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 40 g (2 cups) baby spinach
- 85 g (⅔ cup) pine nuts, toasted
- 110 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed, and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds, using tamper to push ingredients toward the blade.
Using lower speed will allow for you to gain the exact texture you are looking for. If avoiding oils use a mixture of water and lemon juice to create this unique sauce.
|Serving Size||29 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|