Cranberry Nut Bread
For this whole-wheat recipe, leave a strip of peel on the orange before placing it in the Vitamix container for an extra burst of citrus flavor.
- 100 g (1 cup) fresh cranberries
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- 1 strip orange peel, or lemon peel,1 inch
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light olive oil
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 240 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 45 g (½ cup) walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat an 8 1/2 – inch x 4 1/2 – inch (22 cm x 11 cm) loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray or shortening.
- Place cranberries into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 4. Pulse 3 or 4 times. Stop; scrape sides and replace lid. Pulse a few more times to coarse chop. Remove to small bowl.
- Place orange quarters, peel, oil, milk, sugar, egg, and vanilla into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, optional, and whole wheat flour in a large-size mixing bowl; stir well.
- Pour orange juice mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing by hand just until ingredients are moistened. Stir in chopped walnuts and cranberries; do not over mix.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes, then carefully remove from loaf pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
|Serving Size||1 loaf|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14.15 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||60.52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|