Follow this step-by-step recipe to make a creamy, spiced, homemade eggnog recipe can be made in just minutes in your blender, no whisking or hand mixer required.
- (4 large) pasteurized eggs
- 150 g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- (½ teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- (¼ teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- (¼ teaspoon) ground cloves
- 180 ml (¾ cup) brandy, or mixture of ½ brandy + ½ bourbon
- 180 ml (1½ cup) whole milk
- 240 ml (1 cup) heavy cream
- Add the eggs to Vitamix container and blend on Variable 5 for 30 seconds.
- With blender running, remove lid plug and slowly add sugar blending an additional 20 seconds once sugar is added.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, brandy, milk and heavy cream and blend until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer to an airtight container, refrigerate and chill thoroughly to allow flavors to combine.
- Stir before serving adding some of the foam to each drink with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg on top immediately before serving.
This homemade eggnog can be made into a non-alcoholic recipe just by omitting the brandy or brandy and bourbon mixture.