Classic hollandaise is infused with Korean chili flakes to bring a lightly spiced and smoky taste that perfectly complements many dishes.
- (6 ) egg yolks
- (2 Tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- (¼ teaspoon) kosher salt
- (2 teaspoons) Korean chili flakes
- 340 g (1½ cups) melted butter, warm
1. Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and gochugaru into the Vitamix container in the order listed. Secure the lid.
2. Start the machine on its lowest speed and quickly increase speed to Variable 5. Blend for 15 seconds.
3. While the machine is still running, remove the lid plug and slowly pour warm butter through the opening. As the mixture begins to thicken, the butter may be added at a faster rate.
4. Finish pouring the butter and after blending for another 30 seconds, replace the lid plug. Increase speed to Variable 10 and blend for 3 to 5 seconds. Mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.