Gooey Granola Bar
Homemade granola bars make a sweet and crunchy on-the-go snack or back-to-school recipe, and help you control sugar and preservatives. Add any dried fruit or nut to this granola recipe to make it uniquely your own.
- 190 g (⅔ cup) room temperature butter
- 75 ml (⅓ cup) coconut oil
- 120 ml (½ cup) honey
- 70 g (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 480 g (4½ cup) rolled oats
- 125 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 110 g (1 cup) dried cranberries
- 175 g (1 cup) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with paper and set aside.
- Add butter, coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla to the Vitamix 64-ounce container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, or the Puree (Dips + Spreads) program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 55 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Puree (Dips + Spreads) program to complete.
- Remove the lid and add flour, baking soda, and ½ cup (50 g) rolled oats.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 8 to 10 times, or until ingredients are combined.
- Add remaining oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl. Using a spatula, transfer the blended mixture to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pat mixture evenly onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to press the ingredients down into the pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into bars and storing in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||1 bar|
|Amount Per Servings|