Mushroom and Cashew Bisque
Mushroom bisque is taken to a new level, with a flavorful mushroom mix and roasted cashews blended down into a perfect purée.
- (1 Tablespoon) extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g (4 cups) crimini mushrooms, or mixed mushroooms, cleaned, cut into large chunks
- 720 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 14 g (1/2 cup) dried mixed mushrooms
- 140 g (1 cup) roasted cashews
- 5 g (1 slice ) yellow onion, peeled
- (1 small ) garlic clove, peeled
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and heat, then add mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes or until mushrooms begin to caramelize.
- Place mushrooms and other remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or select the Hot Soup program and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
- Cashews lend not only a creamy quality to this bisque, but also provide a boost of protein and healthy fats.
- A combination of mushrooms works best in this dish, caramelizing in a pan before being blended with other raw ingredients and cashews to make a delicious vegan bisque.