Peanut Oat Energy Balls
Lacking in energy? Have 1 or 2 of these for a quick afternoon treat that will fuel you up for the rest of the day.
- 90 g (1 cup) gluten-free rolled oats
- (2 Tablespoons) hemp seeds
- (2 Tablespoons) chia seeds
- (2 Tablespoons) flax seed
- 70 g (½ cup) cacao nibs
- 30 g (½ cup) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 280 g (2 cups) peanuts, roasted unsalted
- 30 g (4 ) deglet noor dates, pitted
- 80 g (½ cup) golden raisins
- (2 Tablespoons) maple syrup
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- Place oats, hemp, chia, flax, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes into a medium bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Place the peanuts into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and let it run for 90 seconds; or set the timer and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
- Remove the lid and add raisins, dates, and water. Secure the lid and process for an additional 30 seconds.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the medium bowl over the oat and seed mixture, mixing well to incorporate. Portion into 1-ounce balls and set in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
With the trifecta of nutrients (protein, fiber and healthy fats), these energy balls are the perfect snack to keep you feeling satiated until your next meal. A 1 oz. portion scoop works perfectly for these. Just scoop, release and roll to save you time on breakfasts during the week!