Roasted Vegetables with Pasilla Marinade
Seasonal vegetables served with a warm onion, garlic, tomato and pepper purée.
- (½ cauliflower) cut in medium pieces
- (1 pc) zucchini, cut in thick slices
- (½ eggplant) cut in half moon
- (1 large) carrot, cut in thick slices
- (2 pc) Ancho pepper, without seeds
- (4 pc) pasilla pepper, without seeds
- (½ cup) chopped Spanish onion
- (3 cups) chopped tomato
- (4 pc) small garlic cloves
- (1 pc) cinnamon stick
- (3 pc) of cloves
- (3 pc) bayleaf
- (1 teaspoon) cumin seeds
- (¼ cup) raisins
- (salt and) pepper, to taste
- (1 pc) large avocado
- (1 liter) vegetable stock
- Boil the dry peppers in water until soft
- Toast all the spices in a pan on low to medium heat until release the aromas
- in a pot cook the onion, garlic and tomatoes until sweated off.
- Add the spices and softened peppers to the mix and cook out.
- Puree until smooth using some vegetable stock in a blender and strain through a chinois
- Place some oil in the pot and add the blended mixture, add raisins, season to taste with the salt and pepper
Place some of the sauce on the bottom of the plate, place the roasted vegetables and the tempura cauliflower on top.