Squash abounds in the fall and winter months, making this recipe an ideal addition to your holiday breakfast menu.
- (8 large) eggs
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) whole milk
- 60 ml (4 Tablespoons) olive oil, optional
- 200 g (1¼ cup) medium onion, peeled, diced
- 150 g (1 cup) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- (6 sprigs) parsley
- 100 g (3½ ounce) Manchego cheese
- (1 pinch) paprika
- (1 butternut) squash, peeled, seeded, roasted
- (salt and) pepper, to taste
- Place eggs, milk, oil, onion, pepper, parsley, cheese and paprika into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 8.
- Turn machine on and off to pulse 8 to 10 times to chop the vegetables and cheese.
- Place the squash into a square baking pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over top. Mix gently to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 175°F (80°C) for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes.