Sweet and Spicy Beet Spread
Bold ingredients like jalapeño and roasted beets lend this dip great color and flavor.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) extra virgin olive oil, or chickpea liquid
- 2 dates, pitted, or 2 Tablespoon honey
- ½ lemon, peeled
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds, or Tahini
- 60 ml (¼ cup) distilled white vinegar
- 215 g (1 ) beet, roasted, peeled
- 450 g (16 ounces) canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 15 g (1 ) jalapeño, halved, seeded
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
|Serving Size||75 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|