Sweet Potato Au Gratin
A take on classic potatoes au gratin, this recipe uses nutrition-packed sweet potatoes and gooey smoked Gouda for a delectable side dish.
- 720 ml (3 cups) heavy cream
- 200 g (2 cups) smoked gouda, shredded
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 40 g (¼ cup) onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- Zest from ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons Winter Spice Seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 sliced sweet potatoes, ⅛-inch (3mm) thick
- 120 ml (½ cup) Brown Sugar Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place garlic, onion, cream, Gouda, rosemary, lemon zest, Winter Spice seasoning, cayenne, butter, and flour into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, quickly increase to Variable 10 and blend for 15 seconds. The sauce will be very thick when finished.
- Spread a half-cup of sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and add one layer of sweet potato slices. Spread another cup of sauce on top. Continue layering sauce and sweet potatoes until all ingredients are used.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 35 minutes, remove from oven, and top with Brown Sugar Glaze. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|