Whole Wheat Avocado Bread
Don't let those avocados go bad - put them to use in this easy-to-make quick bread. It uses 100% whole grain flour with dates and raisins to sweeten, and a touch of cinnamon to take it to the next level. Pairs great with our Apple Date Butter.
- 320 g (2¼ cups) whole wheat flour
- (2 teaspoons) baking powder
- (2 teaspoons) baking soda
- 320 ml (1⅓ cups) oat milk
- (2 Tablespoons) flax seed
- 210 g (2 ) avocados, peeled, pitted
- 105 g (¾ cup) pitted dates
- (½ teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 60 g (½ cup) walnuts
- 75 g (½ cup) raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5" (23x12cm) loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Place the flours, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Place the oat milk, flax, avocados, dates, and cinnamon into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
4. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute. Stop the machine and add the walnuts and raisins, then secure the lid. Pulse 5-6 times on Variable 7, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
5. Scrape the batter into the bowl with the flour mixture, gently stirring to combine. Once the dough has come together, transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly.
6. Place loaf pan into preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes. If using a convection oven, baking time may vary and bread may need to be covered after 35-40 minutes.
Avocado and flax work very well together in this recipe as egg and oil replacers, but they keep the bread moist and dense all while adding extra nutrition including heart healthy fats and fiber. Try it out for yourself - it's one of our favorite dairy-free, naturally sweetened loaf bread recipes we've tested.