Macina la tua farina di grano integrale e usala per preparare questo facilissimo pane fatto in casa.
- 7 g (1 package) active dry yeast
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) water, 105 to 115 degrees F (40-46 degrees C)
- 1 Tablespoons honey
- 390 g (2¾ cup) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- To proof the yeast, combine warm water, honey, and yeast. Stir quickly to combine. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to bloom.
- Place the flour and salt into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase speed to Variable 6. Blend until a hole forms in the center of the mixture, about 5 seconds. Turn the machine off and remove lid plug.
- Pour oil, fresh lemon juice, and yeast mixture into the hole in the flour. Secure lid plug. To mix the dough, select Variable 6. Pulse 5-6 times. Remove the lid.
- While the dough rests briefly in the container, lightly coat an 8½-inch x 4½-inch (22 cm x 11 cm) loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Per impastare il composto sono necessarie due fasi.
- Step 1: Use a nylon spatula to scrape the sides of the container. Pull the dough away from the container sides and into the center of the mixture.
- Step 2: Select the highest setting. Pulse blender 5-6 times.
- Ripetere il processo in due fasi descritto sopra per due volte o finché l'impasto si agglomera a formare un composto morbido ed elastico. Per rimuovere l'impasto dal boccale, rovesciare il boccale sullo stampo preparato e lasciare che l'impasto cada nello stampo. Rimuovere l'eventuale impasto residuo con una spatola di plastica bagnata.
- Use a wet or oiled nylon spatula (or lightly floured fingers) to shape the loaf. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place, uncovered, until the top of it reaches the top of the bread pan, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- If desired, brush the loaf quickly and gently with an egg white wash and make three to four diagonal slits about ¼-inch (.6 cm) deep on the top of the loaf using a sharp, serrated knife.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 35 minutes or until the bread is well browned and reaches an internal temperature of 200°F (93°C) when tested with an instant read thermometer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
Note dello chef
To grind your own whole wheat flour, take 2 1/2 cups of whole kernel wheat and blend on high speed for 1 minute, using the tamper if necessary. Remove the lid and allow the flour to cool for several minutes before using. Measure out by gram weight the amount of whole wheat flour needed, as this will yield the most accurate results. 390g of wheat berries will be the same weight, but a different volume, once processed into flour. Applesauce can be used as a substitute for oil or eggs in most baking recipes. Please refer to our
|Porzione||57 g (1 serving)|
|Quantità per porzione|
|Grassi totali||2 g|
|Grassi saturi||0 g|
|Carboidrati totali||24 g|