A simple pesto recipe that is made in just a few minutes in your Food Processor.
- 4 cups (90 g) fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup (80 g) parmesan cheese, or soy parmesan,cubed
- ¼ cup (35 g) pine nuts, toasted
- ¾ cup (180 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and allow to process for 1 minute 30 seconds, or set timer for 1 minute 30 seconds and allow machine to complete programmed cycle. Use as desired.
- This basil will not oxidize quickly due to the lack of acidity and the olive oil.
- For variations, try adding 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, pitted green olives, or 1/2 cup combined anchovies & capers.