Guacamole [Immersion Blender]
This traditional Mexican avocado dip, now an international favorite, makes a quick and easy appetizer for guests.
- 3 (385 g) medium avocado, halved, peeled, pitted
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ (90 g) medium red onion, cut into large chunks
- ½ bunch (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (20 g) jalapeño, halved, seeded if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into an appropriately sized container in the order listed. A medium-sized kitchen bowl works great for this recipe.
- Place the immersion blender blades on top of the ingredients, pressing down slightly.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down, to chop the ingredients. Blend for 35-45 seconds or until desired consistency is achieved, and serve immediately.