Harissa & Maple Glazed Carrots
Enjoy as is, or try using this glaze on any roasted root vegetable for a particularly tasty, spiced-up side dish.
- 2 small small garlic cloves
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon harissa paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, optional
- 2 pounds (900 g) carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Place all ingredients except carrot and lemon into a 20 oz Vitamix container and secure the blade base.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase to its highest speed. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Toss sauce with prepared carrots and lemon slices. Place on a sheet tray, and bake for 35 minutes.