Nut and Date Energy Balls
This mighty power booster is loaded with both protein and flavor! Perfect as a healthy grab-and-go breakfast or pre-gym snack.
- 1 cup (140 g) raw almonds
- 1 cup (120 g) walnuts
- 2 cups (260 g) raisins
- 6 dates, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (75 g) shredded coconut
- Place the almonds and walnuts into your Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 6 and Pulse 8 times.
- Remove the lid and add in the raisins, pitted dates, vanilla, and coconut.
- Replace the lid but remove the lid plug. Insert the tamper.
- Select Variable 6 and Pulse 35 to 40 times, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Once the mixture looks wet and begins to cake, the mixture is done. Roll into ½-ounce (15-g) balls and chill before serving.
|Serving Size||1 energy ball|
|Amount Per Servings|
Nut and Date Energy Balls is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Foxtop from Modified recipe but results are AWESOME I didn't have the recipe handy so went from memory so mine is a bit different, but the results are fabulous. I put in raw almonds first and blended them until well crunched up but not powdery fine. Then added raisins, dates (probably more dates than called for--I didn't measure), and semi-sweet chocolate bits. Blended on low with tamper until product came together well. Comes out of container easily. I formed portions into balls as shown and wrapped each so they'd be handy to grab and go. So delicious, it's hard to eat only one!
Date published: 2018-05-07
Rated 3 out of 5 by Nicknitro 10 from Date balls Really moist balls Good snack
Date published: 2018-01-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by MD12 from Very tasty - also with a tiny modification I omitted the walnuts. I added 10g desiccated coconut and 1 tablespoon cacao powder. Taste delicious!
Date published: 2019-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by marieanasazy from perfect ! i realy like them! added some hamp seed in it. Hard to eat only one ;)
Date published: 2019-01-29