This common cocktail ingredient can be easily made in a Vitamix Aer™ disc container. The result? Superior flavor for your bar collection and home cocktails.
- 2¾ cup (600 ml) water
- 2¾ cup (600 g) granulated sugar, or demerara sugar
- 4 (85 g) strawberries, optional
- ¾ cup (85 g) diced mango, optional
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and scraped, optional
- Place all ingredients (plus any optional add-in ingredient you want) into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds.
- Remove from the container. If strawberries were added, and if desired, strain and remove foam.
- Place syrup in a jar, cover, and refrigerate for approximately 4 to 6 hours, or until cool.
This is a great way to turn any cocktail into your own recipe. Make ahead and keep in the refrigerator. So simple to make (thus the name!), there's no longer any need to buy it from a store.