Whole Grain Pancakes
Made with whole-wheat flour, oats, flax and sunflower seeds. Top with Mixed Berry Coulis for a satisfying breakfast.
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (480 ml) low fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- ⅓ cup (30 g) rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 Tablespoons (15 g) sunflower seeds, unsalted
- Place flours, baking soda and baking powder in a large sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place buttermilk, eggs, oil, salt and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add oats, flax and sunflower seeds to the batter and mix well.
- Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of batter onto a hot, prepared griddle and bake, flipping once, until done.