Cherry Breakfast Cake
Overflowing with sweet cherries and the perfect companion to your morning coffee.
- 230 g (1½ cup) rolled oats
- 60 g (½ cup) whole wheat flour
- Tablespoon (1 teaspoon) baking powder
- Tablespoon (½ teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- Tablespoon (½ teaspoon) salt, optional
- 165 g (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 55 g (¼ cup) light butter spread
- Tablespoon (2 large) eggs
- 360 ml (1½ cup) milk
- 140 g (1 cup) frozen dark sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat a 9-inch x 9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place sugar, butter spread, egg substitute and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds. Stop machine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well. Fold in fruit.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire racks.