Dutch Apple Baby
A fluffy pancake with the warm and juicy flavors of cinnamon apple. Just a touch of vanilla and breakfast is served!
- Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons) light butter spread
- 475 g (3 medium) apples
- 50 g (¼ cup) granulated sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- Tablespoon (½ teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- Tablespoon (¼ teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- Tablespoon (3 large) eggs, or egg substitute
- 60 g (½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 120 ml (½ cup) soy milk
- Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) plain yogurt
- Tablespoon (½ teaspoon) salt, optional
- Tablespoon (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) . Place a 9 in. (23 cm) pie plate into the oven to warm.
- Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
- To make batter, place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Remove pie plate from oven carefully and spray with cooking spray. Transfer apples to warmed pie plate. Pour batter over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with powder sugar, cinnamon or other toppings. Make sure you measure the flour appropriately (using a scale to get a gram weight will create a more consistent finished product), sift it first into a measuring cup. If you scoop you could have 20 to 30 extra grams of flour which will create a denser finished product.