Chipotle and Coffee Barbecued Short Ribs
Use this savory blend of coffee, chilies, and cumin to season your short ribs for the perfect barbecue.
- Tablespoon (2 Tablespoons) coffee beans
- Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) of dried chipotle chilies
- Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) brown sugar
- Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) salt, optional
- Tablespoon (2 teaspoons) whole cumin seeds
- Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) beef short ribs
- Add coffee beans, chilies, brown sugar, salt, and cumin seeds to the container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 5 and Pulse until a medium to coarse spice rub texture is achieved.
- Rub the seasoning generously all over the ribs and leave to marinate 24 hours. (This is an important length of time; do not reduce it because it will affect the final texture and moisture of the meat.)
- Bring barbecue or smoker to about 220°F (105°C). Remove the tough membrane from the meat-side of the ribs (not the bone-side), and cook on offset heat for 5 to 8 hours.
Please refer to our dry grain grinding chart for more details on grinding whole wheat flour.