Harissa & Maple Glazed Carrots
Enjoy as is, or try using this glaze on any roasted root vegetable for a particularly tasty, spiced-up side dish.
- (2 small) small garlic cloves
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) harissa paste
- (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- Tablespoon (¼ teaspoon) ground black pepper, optional
- 900 g (2 pounds) carrots, cut into 2-inch strips
- Tablespoon (1 ) lemon, sliced
- Place all ingredients except carrot and lemon into a 20 oz Vitamix container and secure the blade base.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase to its highest speed. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Toss sauce with prepared carrots and lemon slices. Place on a sheet tray, and bake for 35 minutes.