Pistachio Lime Zucchini Cake
Enjoy this delicious vegan and gluten free cake, guilt-free. Garnish with extra pistachios for an added crunch.
- 150 g (1½ cup) almond flour
- 50 g (¼ cup) gluten free flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 lime, zest only
- 40 g (¼ cup) pistachio nuts, toasted, shelled
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, optional
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal, or 2 large eggs, combined with ¼ cup (60ml) water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) applesauce
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) date syrup
- 150 g (½ ) medium zucchini, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-5 inch (23 x 13cm) loaf pan with baking paper and spray well with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine both flours, baking powder and baking soda, lime zest, pistachios and salt into a bowl. Set aside, then place eggs or flax eggs, applesauce and date syrup into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5. Blend for 10 seconds or until ingredients are combined.
- Turn machine down to lowest speed. Remove lid plug and drop zucchini quarters through lid plug opening, blending for 15 seconds or until evenly chopped. (Do not blend into a liquid)
- Pour blended mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well to incorporate. Pour batter into loaf pan and place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove loaf pan from oven and cover with foil. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving. Garnish with extra crushed pistachios if desired.
To make a flax "egg," simply combine your flax meal with water in a small container and stir to combine, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before using.
|Serving Size||76 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page