Vanilla Custard Sauce
This basic dessert sauce is perfect on fruit, topping cake, or included in your favorite trifle recipe.
- 6 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 360 ml (1½ cup) half & half
- 120 ml (½ cup) whole milk
- 30 g (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (½ cup) granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, optional
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|