A twist on the classic, Chef Bibby Gignilliat's version uses the sweet, juicy flavors of watermelon for a splash of summer.
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 ear of corn
- 455 g (1 pound) seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1.1 kg (2½ pound) red heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 455 g (1 pound) english cucumber, peeled, quartered
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded, diced
- 2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 5 g (⅓ cup) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Roast the red bell pepper over an open flame until blackened. Put into a paper bag for 5 minutes then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stem. Roast corn over flame, turning frequently until the corn is charred.
- Roughly chop the roasted red pepper and cut the corn off the cob. Combine in a large-size bowl with the watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Add the chipotle, adobo sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, kosher salt and lightly mix.
- Transfer the mixture in batches to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend or 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a pitcher and thoroughly chill before serving.
This recipe can be reduced by half and made in smaller containers
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|