Chicken and Wheat Berry Salad
Let the food processor do the work in this very simple but unique salad. Texture is added to a traditional chicken salad with wheat berries and golden raisins, giving this savory salad a sweet finish. Enjoy open-faced or as a sandwich!
- 1 medium (235 g) red onion, peeled, quartered
- 3 (155 g) celery stalk, cut into 3" pieces
- 1 (175 g) fuji apple, cored, quartered
- 1/2 bunch (20 g) Italian flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 medium (300 g) cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 3/4 cups (420 ml) Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups (205 g) golden raisins
- 2 cups (360 g) wheat berries, cooked
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place onion, celery, apple, parsley and cooked chicken into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure lid.
2. Pulse 10-15 times or until all items are uniformly chopped. Remove to a bowl and stir in raisins, wheat berries, salt, pepper, and homemade mayonnaise. Refrigerate.
Cranberries can be used seasonally, or any other dried fruit of your choice. Also, wheat berries can be swapped out for cooked quinoa, steel cut oats, or kamut.