Egg White Bites with Mushroom, Pepper & Onion
Breakfast is made easy with these egg white bites. Simply chop your desired vegetables, pour the egg whites over in the molds, bake, and enjoy!
- 1 Tablespoon (110 g) medium yellow onion, peeled, halved
- 2 Tablespoon (240 g) medium red bell peppers, seeded, stemmed
- 2 cups (200 g) cremini mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups (480 ml) egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Place onions, peppers and mushrooms into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Pulse 6-8 times or until ingredients are uniformly chopped. Divine evenly between the muffin tin and pour egg whites evenly over the tops, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Top with salt and pepper if desired and use a fork to gently stir each muffin cup. Place into preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until eggs are cooked through.
- We sometimes forget that we can eat vegetables at breakfast, but this recipe makes it easy and delicious.
- The veggies in these egg muffins can be easily switched to what you already have, or what is currently in season. Try squashes in the fall, zucchini in the summer, or scallions in the spring. These are great to make ahead and refrigerate or freeze; simply reheat in the oven for a quick and easy breakfast.
- Try saving any leftover egg yolks for a hollandaise sauce that whips up easily in your Vitamix, or simply use the whole eggs if desired.