Mushroom Lentil Veggie Burger
This homemade vegetable burger strikes the perfect balance of flavor and texture.
- 8 ounces (225 g) crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup (55 g) yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 18 ounces (510 g) lentils, cooked, split use
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sprig fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ cup (50 g) panko breadcrumb
- Place all of the ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, olive oil and half of the lentils into the into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the multi-use blade and secure the lid.
- Pulse the ingredients 6–8 times. Remove the lid and scrape down the sides of the processor. Secure the lid and pulse an additional 6–8 times or until the mixture is uniform and consistent.
- Place the mixture into a mixing bowl and add the remaining lentils and bread crumbs. Mix with a spatula. Chill for 30 minutes. Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Scoop out
3.5 ounce portions (½ cup) of the burger mixture into the frying pan and flatten slightly using a spatula. Cook for 2 and a half to 3 minutes on each side, flipping carefully, until golden brown and crispy.
- If the mixture isn't sticking together, add 1–2 Tablespoons of flour.
- Our flavorful mushroom burger boasts more fiber and fewer calories than the traditional, and will leave you satisfied.