Not-So Cheese Sauce
An almond cream with nacho flavorings, this sauce is great on potatoes, broccoli, and as a dip for chips.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cups (50 g) canned pimento, drained
- raw almonds, whole
- ¼ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ cups (30 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This vegan "cheese" sauce is perfect as a nacho dip or served over macaroni.
|Serving Size||0.25 cups (60 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|