Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
This spicy alfredo is made with soft tofu, and offers an unexpected variety to traditional fettuccine.
- ¾ cup (160 g) silken tofu
- ¾ cup (170 g) fat free cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (15 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (400 g) roasted red peppers
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Serve over hot, cooked fettuccine.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by manderj from oh so good. This is awkwardly delicious. I omitted the tofu (because who has that sitting around?) and just used homemade ricotta instead. I also doubled the amount of roasted red peppers, since that's the whole point, and added a dash of cayenne. Awesome over pasta, but also as a dipping sauce for roasted veg, with broth added for a creamy soup, or chilled as a toast-spread. Or sipped straight.
Date published: 2017-01-13
WHAT COULD YOU USE IN THE RECIPE IN PLACE OF THE "LIGHT BUTTER SPREAD"?
There are many things you can use in its place. Did you have any certain ingredient in mind? You can use regular butter or oil for starters. Please let us know if there is a specific ingredient!
Date published: 2016-12-07