Spinach Pasta Dough
Package your homemade pasta alongside a jar of your favorite sauce for a great holiday gift.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups (90 g) spinach, blanched
- 1½ cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place eggs, olive oil and spinach into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds
- Remove the lid and add the flour, salt and pepper
- Secure the lid and select Variable 3.
- Quickly turn the machine on and off to pulse 5-6 times. You will notice the dough starting to form a ball and lift off the blades.
- Remove the lid and scrape down the sides, adding a little flour if the dough looks to moist and it has not formed a ball.
- Pulse again 5-6 times.
- Remove from container onto a floured work surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for a half hour.
- Cut dough into four pieces. One piece at a time, while the others are still wrapped run through a pasta rolling machine starting on the widest setting and slowly working your way down to the second to last setting.
- Use the pasta rolling machine's fettuccini attachment to cut the pasta into strips.
- Place strips on drying rack and allow to dry overnight.
- Repeat for 3 other pasta balls.
For plain pasta, remove the spinach and add another egg.
|Serving Size||2 ounces|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Spinach Pasta Dough is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Danielle1244588585 from You need the dry ingredient blender! Really wish they had specified that I need the dry ingredient blender because in the directions it said nothing and now I'm having a really hard time cleaning my vitamix 5200 model
Date published: 2017-05-17
Is it safe to turn the blender on with anything higher than Variable 1? That's not what the User Guide recommends. Also, could the kneading for this recipe be done in the blender itself? With the dry goods container?
Even with kneading in the dry goods container, this recipe does still require some hand kneading. Your Vitamix manual should state that you will always want to start your machine on one and increase to the highest setting. It is safe to run your machine on ten/high.
Date published: 2017-05-05
I have the vitamix 5300 and would like to purchase a dry container as well as a smaller container than the 64oz it came with for smaller batches. Which containers are compatible with my model?
You will; want to look for the 32 oz wet container, 48 oz wet container or the 32 oz dry container. Those will be the containers compatible with your machine.
Date published: 2016-09-27
I have to be gluten free , so how would I make
We do not have a gluten free pasta dough. You might try the website gluten free girl and the chef, we have found it to be helpful.
Date published: 2016-06-13
I own a model 7500 and would like to buy a dry container. Which model container works with my Vitamix?
You will purchase the standard 32 ounce dry container.
Date published: 2016-02-26