If you’re looking for new ways to incorporate a bumper crop of zucchini into your meals, you’ve come to the right place. For best flavor and texture, harvest or buy zucchini while they are still relatively small.
Tips for Cooking with Zucchini
Zucchini, which is considered a summer squash, is extremely versatile. For healthy grilling, toss evenly sliced zucchini in Italian dressing or balsamic vinaigrette and grill for 5 to 6 minutes. Zucchini can also be sautéed or baked. They’re delicious raw in salads and with dips. And because their mild flavor easily absorbs the flavors of other ingredients, they adapt well to both sweet and savory recipes.
6 Zucchini recipes in your Vitamix machine:
- Zucchini Pancakes: A healthy version of a breakfast favorite.
- Zucchini-Pineapple Bread: The comfort of farm food with a tropical twist is an unexpected, pleasing combination.
- Zucchini Soup: A creamy, pureed soup with a velvety texture.
- Minestrone Soup: This easygoing recipe uses whatever you have on hand, including zucchini.
- Thai Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauce: The prep work pays off with the fresh, crisp crunch of wrapped, raw veggies. Beautiful, too.
- Zucchini Pasta with Pomodoro Sauce: Transform zucchini into “noodles” topped with this fresh, chunky tomato sauce.