BY: Vitamix | 08.01.2015
It’s hard to pass a roadside stand without stopping to buy some delicious fresh produce. Our advice: first, buy what you like, then buy something that you’ve never eaten before. Now is the time to try something new, just-picked and at its peak flavor.
Bring your produce home and find some tasty Vitamix recipes to show it off and to entice you to add a new fruit or vegetable to your repertoire. A new dressing to glisten on fresh greens, a hummus to dip crisp vegetables, or a soup to freeze and enjoy this winter. When it comes to the roadside stand, your Vitamix blender is your best companion.
Try using your fresh farm produce in these 7 recipes:
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: Roast one of those red peppers from the produce stand to duplicate Chef Steve Schimoler’s version of the classic.
- Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette: Incorporate fresh basil and thyme in this tangy dressing.
- Chicken Spread: Creamy with mayonnaise, crunchy with vegetables, and smoky with roasted red pepper.
- California Salsa: A beautiful use for a bounty of vine-ripened tomatoes.
- Zucchini Soup: This smooth, creamy puree blends the hearty flavors of zucchini, green pepper, and potato to create a satisfying vegetable soup. Substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian option.
- Watermelon Gazpacho: A twist on the classic, Chef Bibby Gignilliat's version uses the sweet, juicy flavors of watermelon for a splash of summer.
- Corn Chowder: The smooth base of this chunky corn chowder is made in the Vitamix, followed by stovetop veggies to add a crisp, corn-off-the-cob texture.