Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond flour and non-dairy chocolate chips give this cookie a twist to the traditional. Great to give as a gift for your next cookie exchange.
- 3 cups (285 g) almond flour
- ⅓ cup (85 g) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup (120 ml) maple syrup
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) Applesauce
- ½ cup (180 g) non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line two sheet trays with parchment paper and set aside. Fit the Food Processor with the Multi-Use Blade.
- Place the almond flour, coconut flours and baking powder into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Pulse 6-8 times to incorporate. Remove the lid and add the maple syrup, coconut oil and applesauce. Secure the lid. Start the machine and process for 30-35 seconds.
- Remove the lid and the multi-use blade. Add the chocolate chips to the batter, scraping down the sides and incorporating the chips into the dough. Scoop 1½ ounce dough balls onto the prepared sheet tray and flatten to about 3" thick.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool for approximately 10 minutes and serve warm.
- This vegan and gluten free chocolate chip cookie is lower in added sugar and higher in protein and fiber than its traditional counterpart, and still packs a ton of yummy flavor.
- The cookie will not spread out like a traditional cookie, if you would like a thinner cookie flatten them more before baking.
- This dough freezes well and is great to be given as a great holiday gift.