Apple Date Butter
A simple, naturally sweetened apple butter done simply in a slow cooker.
- 5 pounds (2.3 kg) apples, seeded, cut into large chunks (10-12 medium)
- 1½ cup (220 g) deglet noor dates, pitted, about 24 each
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Place apples, dates and cinnamon into the bowl of a slow cooker. Cook on low for 10 hours, stirring about once every hour.
- Place the immersion blender into the middle of the cooking pot.
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, and increase as desired. Blend for 2 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
This simple, naturally sweetened apple butter is easy to make in a slow cooker.
|Serving Size||1 serving (52 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|