Apple Raisin Pecan Crisp
Satisfy your sweet tooth with a decadent whole-food crisp featuring crunchy pecans and a sweet maple, date, and oat crumb topping.
- 4 pounds (1,814 g) Honeycrisp Apples, or other hearty baking apple, halved, seeded
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (135 g) golden raisins
- ¼ cup (32 g) cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (215 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup (115 g) raw pecans
- 12 (84 g) pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Fit the Food Processor with the Thick Slice Blade and secure the lid. Put apple halves in place in the Large Food Chute, and secure with the Large Food Pusher. Start the machine and feed apples through, repeating the process until all apples are sliced.
- Remove to a large bowl and toss with maple syrup, raisins, corn starch, and cinnamon. Pour mixture into the prepared 9x13 pan.
- For the topping, fit the Food Processor Work Bowl with the Multi-Use Blade. Place the oats, pecans, and dates into the work bowl and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and allow to process for 1 minute. Remove the mixture from the work bowl and spread evenly over the apple mixture. Place into preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes, covering the top if it begins to brown too much. Remove, let cool slightly, and enjoy.