Aquafaba Chocolate Mousse
Enjoy this simple, vegan, three-ingredient mousse for dessert.
- 1¼ cup (300 ml) aquafaba, chilled
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⅓ cup (200 g) bittersweet chocolate
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in a double boiler over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once melted, let cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Place aquafaba and cream of tartar into the Vitamix Aer Disc container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Start the machine and slowly increase to Variable 7, running for 2 minutes. Let the aquafaba mixture stand for 2 minutes.
- Fold aquafaba into the room temperature melted bittersweet chocolate and portion into ramekins, bowls, or cups. Place into the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours; best if left overnight. Garnish as desired and serve.
Aquafaba is the liquid from cooked chickpeas. The amount in this recipe is approximately liquid from 2 cans of no-salt-added chickpeas.