Avocado Bean Soup with Fresh Herb Relish
The Fresh Herb Relish of this flavorful chilled soup also makes a wonderful accompaniment to lamb chops or crostini.
Avocado Bean Soup
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- ½ cup (120 ml) plain low fat yogurt, or non-dairy alternative
- 2 (320 g) avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- 1 cup (185 g) navy beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- ¼ (20 g) lemon, peeled
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded
- Place all Soup ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 6.
- Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients toward blades.
Fresh Herb Relish
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup (50 g) Feta cheese, (optional), crumbled
- Combine the cilantro, zest, onion, and olive oil in a small bowl. Serve soup chilled or at room temperature, garnished with a Tablespoon of Relish and topped with feta.
Making this soup for a brunch, or for a large party, it can easily be doubled or tripled in a 64 ounce container.
|Serving Size||1 serving (357 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|