Avocado Cilantro Mayonnaise
A heart healthy alternative that is vegan and versatile as a mayonnaise, sandwich spread, or in a vegetable or chicken salad.
- 3 (350 g) avocado, peeled, seeded
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) cold water
- 1 small lime, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 bunch (30 g) fresh cilantro leaves, stems trimmed
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Place avocados, water, lime, salt, and cilantro into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade. Start the machine and allow to process for 30 seconds. Once fully stopped, remove the lid and scrape the sides of the container. Secure the lid.
- Start the machine and, while processing, add the olive oil through the emulsion hole in the Small Food Chute. Process for an additional 30 seconds. Or, set the timer for 45 seconds and begin slowly adding the olive oil to the Small Food Chute, and allow machine to complete programmed time.
- Recipe can also be made without oil and cilantro if desired.
- Only make what you will use immediately as it this recipe will oxidize quickly due to the avocados.