Avocado Cilantro Mayonnaise [ Mini-Chopper Attachment ]
A heart healthy alternative to mayonnaise that is vegan and very easily used as a substitute, as a sandwich spread, or even in a vegetable or chicken salad.
- 2 (240 g) small avocados, peeled, pitted, halved
- ½ cup (125 ml) cold water
- 1 small lime, peeled
- ½ bunch (15 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lime, leaving just the flesh.
- Place the ingredients into the work bowl fitted with the chopping blade. Snap the lid into place and secure the immersion motor to the lid.
- Select Variable 5 and run continuously for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
This recipe can be made without oil and cilantro if desired. Only make what will be used immediately, as the avocado will oxidize and turn brown over time.