BBQ Date Dry Rub
BBQ rub using dates as a natural sweetener as opposed to sugar. Use as a BBQ seasoning on chicken, pork, beef, or vegetables.
- 1 cup (160 g) medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup (28 g) dried porcini mushrooms
- ½ cup (55 g) paprika
- ¼ cup (25 g) chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons celery salt
- 3 Tablespoons (21 g) onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt, optional
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- Place all ingredients into the Food Processor Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure lid.
- Start the machine and allow to process for 1 minute 30 seconds, or set timer and allow machine to complete programmed cycle. Use as desired.
Make this simple recipe fresh and as needed with this easy process. The rub will start to cake together after sitting for awhile due to moisture in the dates.