Summer wouldn't be complete without a fresh broccoli salad. This isn't your basic broccoli salad, though - we went a non-traditional mayonnaise route and used the Food Processor to make it as easy possible to put together.
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoon dried onion flake
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (70 g) roasted cashews
- salt and ground pepper, as desired, optional
- 1 1/2 bunch (110 g) broccoli florets
- 1 bunch (110 g) green onions, sliced into 2" pieces
- 2 cups (300 g) dried cherries
- 1 1/2 cups (240 g) roasted hulled sunflower seeds
1. Place the first 8 ingredients, through the cashews, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Blend for 1 minute and 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Remove from the container and place into the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes to chill.
2. Fit the Food Processor with the Multi-Use Blade. Working in 2-3 batches, place approximately half the broccoli and green onions into the Food Processor Work Bowl and secure the lid. Pulse the broccoli and onion mixture 5-6 times until evenly chopped or desired consistency is reached. Repeat the same process until all ingredients are processed.
3. Place the chopped broccoli and green onion into a large bowl and add the dried cherries and sunflower seeds. Pour the refrigerated dressing over top, gently tossing to coat and incorporate all the ingredients. Refrigerate before serving.
This is a great "make ahead of time" type of salad that keeps and travels well. We also lightened this up by swapping out mayonnaise in this recipe for Greek yogurt, but you could certainly use an almond milk or cashew yogurt and get a similar consistency.