Cashew Cream Sauce
This may be substituted for almost any sauce recipes that use cream to keep them vegan friendly. A simple, short ingredient list makes this sauce quick and delicious.
- 2 cups (300 g) roasted cashews
- 2½ cup (600 ml) warm water, plus extra for soaking
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place cashews in a medium glass bowl and cover with warm water. Soak for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse and drain cashews. Pour the 2 1/2 cups of warm water along with seasonings over the
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid, or as close to the
- ingredients as possible.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Move the
- immersion blender around, including up and down, to blend the ingredients for
- approximately 1 to 2 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved. Store in an airtight
- container in the refrigerator.
This is a perfect recipe to use in a cauliflower gratin dish, or any other gratin that requires baking - substitute equal parts cashew cream sauce for cream.