Cashew Sour Cream Sauce
Use this vegan alternative to sour cream to top off your favorite meals, from tacos, to soups, and more!
- 1 cup (125 g) cashews, soaked 3 hours, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup (120 ml) water
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ garlic clove
- ¼ shallot
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain soaked cashews and rinse thoroughly.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds, or until creamy and smooth.
- Add additional water to the sauce to give it to a thinner texture. The sauce needs to be lighter than the soup to stay on top, otherwise it will sink to the bottom.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (45 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Cashew Sour Cream Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ranjranj from Amazing sauce So easy to make, really creamy & so yum, tasted divine on jacket potato
Date published: 2019-02-09