Cauliflower Scallion Cakes with Lemon Dill Cream [Food Processor Attachment]
These savory cakes make a great side or main dish, taking a traditional-style fried fritter and making it a healthy air-fried dish that omits the need for extra oil.
- 4 cups (550 g) steamed cauliflower, cut into florets, about 1/2 head
- 4 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (80 g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 1½ cups (360 ml) plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
1. Place the first 9 ingredients, through the yogurt, into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Pulse 6-8 times, stopping to scrape down the sides of the container, then pulse an additional 6-8 times.
2. Preheat air fryer or oven to 400°F. Scoop 1/3 cup balls of cake mixture onto air fryer tray or a parchment-lined sheet tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
3. For the lemon dill cream sauce, place all remaining ingredients into a Vitamix container and secure the lid.
4. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.