Chimichurri [Vitamix ONE]
Pair this spicy marinade or dipping sauce with grilled fish, chicken, red meat, sausage or veggies.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- ¼ lemon peeled
- ⅓ cup (50 g) red onion, peeled
- 1 cup (30 g) fresh parsley leaves
- ¾ cup (25 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup (5 g) fresh oregano
- 6 small garlic clove, peeled
- ½ jalapeo
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (180 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- For a textured chimichurri, pulse the blender by rapidly turning the dial to its lowest speed setting, then off again. Repeat until desired texture is reached, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- For a smooth texture, start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.