Extruder Pasta Dough
Different from the Spinach Pasta Dough, this allows other shapes to be created than just long-stranded pasta.
- 2½ cup (435 g) Semolina Flour
- 1½ cup (70 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 Tablespoon
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- Place the eggs and water into a small bowl and whisk to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place flours and salt, optional into Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid. Pulse 4-6 times to incorporate ingredients together.
- Start the machine. Remove the Small Food Pusher from the Small Food Chute and start adding the egg/water mixture through the opening.
- Once all ingredients are incorporated (about 30 seconds), run machine for an additional 5-10 seconds or just until dough ball has formed.
- Remove from the processor bowl and wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Extrude into desired shape using a pasta extruder.
A simple recipe that comes together easily and is very easy to work with. An extruder machine is needed to complete this recipe - dough can be tough to roll on a standard rolling/cutting pasta machine.